Hereward College is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Please be assured that any information we ask you to provide [through this website] will only be used in accordance with our privacy statement.
What we collect
We may collect, store and use the following information:
- Contact information, including email addresses
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Information about your computer including your IP address
- Other information relevant to customer surveys or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We may use your personal information for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- Improving our products and services
- Sending promotional emails about new products, services or other information which you may find interesting using the email address you have provided.
- Contacting you for market research purposes from time to time. We may do this by phone, email or mail.
Disclosing personal information
- We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisors, agents and suppliers so far as necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
- We may disclose your personal information to the extent that we are required to do so by law and/or in connection with any current or future legal proceedings.
Controlling personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. You may request details of the personal information which we hold about your under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to:[Data Protection Officer], Hereward College, Bramston Crescent, Tile Hill, Coventry CV4 9SW
Security of information
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse the traffic and knows when you visit a particular website. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual and help us to analyse data about the website traffic and improve our website.
The cookie data may include your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths, as well as information about the timing, frequency and pattern of your usage of our website.
Please note that a cookie is no way gives us access to your computer or any other data, other than the information which is shared by you to us.
Retention Period + Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics to monitor and analyse incoming data from cookies gathered by the website. This data is used solely for the purpose of tailoring our website to give the best possible user experience we can provide. Google Analytics will retain cookie data for 14 months, by which it will automatically be deleted upon the end of this period.