An opportunity has arisen for an employer engagement consultant to research and develop the provision of Sector-Based Work Academies (SBWAs) at Hereward College.
SBWAs will involve:
- Employers looking for support with their recruitment
- Hereward College delivering a City & Guilds Extended Certificate in Employability
- Job Centres identifying potential students and providing space and time for recruitment interviews
These SBWAs will be a way to create a skilled workforce for the businesses who engage with Hereward College; they will be designed to help those who are ready for work, and receiving benefits, to secure employment. The SBWAs will help employers to meet their future recruitment needs as well as to recruit a workforce with the right skills to sustain and grow their business.
The role will involve:
- Marketing and negotiation with employers, Job Centres and College training staff
- A period of research and relationship-building with local business who are experiencing skills shortages and have hard to fill vacancies
- Promoting SBWA opportunities to appropriate Jobcentre Plus offices and Partnership Managers
- Arranging for recruitment days in the Jobcentres
- Liaising with training staff to develop valid courses
This would suit individuals with a background in developing SBWAs or similar activity with employers. The Training consultant would deliver the targeted development project on a self-employed basis for the period up to March 2018, by which time the SBWAs would be up running.
For further information on this opportunity please contact Mark Maffey email@example.com 024 7642 6115 in the first instance.