Hereward is committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion and aims to be a place where diversity is visibly embraced and celebrated amongst both learners and staff.
Our six Equality, Diversity and Inclusion objectives underpin the College’s values in creating an inclusive community:
- Create a safe, honest and open environment that enables us all to live, work and learn together whilst challenging each other’s understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Ensure every learner has the opportunity to meet their optimum level of success.
- Support learners to develop their skills and confidence to create an inclusive community.
- Support all staff so that they have the relevant skills and understanding with which to promote an inclusive College environment and deliver the EDI plan.
- Promote an improved understanding of disability within the local community.
- Celebrate all types of diversity including all learners, staff and other stakeholders.